Saturday, September 10, 2011

Teganuma Loop

After an early morning session at Megalos and a quick lunch at Yoshinoya, I decided to take Mickie out for a Rugby World Cup victory lap
1 Technically, since France won the game I was watching, I suppose I lost… even though Japan kept it close for 70 minutes. But being able to watch the RWC and not have to pay Universal Sports $150 for their crappy coverage is a win.
1 around Teganuma Lake to snap some shots at the Golden Hour. The lake is about 12.5 miles around, but I take the Tega Ohasi Bridge, which is about half way into Abiko. Ken says there are a couple of good places to eat there, but I wasn’t in an experimental mood… I ended up riding back into Kashiwa-proper and eating a teri-chicken sandwich at MosBurger instead.

2011-09-4_Abiko001 2011-09-4_Abiko005
2011-09-4_Abiko008
2011-09-4_Abiko006 2011-09-4_Abiko007
2011-09-4_Abiko002
2011-09-4_Abiko009 2011-09-4_Abiko013

Apparently, the map I am looking at suggests that there is an “Aquatic Park” and a “Museum of Birds” in Abiko if I just turned right instead of left at Tega Ohasi. I’ll have to stop by the Bird Museum one day
2 I’m pretty sure the “Aquatic Park” is most likely water slides and speedos.
2. Then again, to the south east of the bridge is a “Lotus Habitat,” and even farther south are two “Dogtooth Violet Habitats.” That and I still need to get around to seeing either the Chiba Marines or the Kashiwa Reysols. So there’s still plenty to do even just in the Kashiwa-Abiko area.

I was perusing the pictures I just posted and realized that if you had never been to Kashiwa
3 Which I suspect is the case.
3, you’d think that I lived in some backwoods, rural farm town. I’ll throw up some shots of the more urban center of Kashiwa, which would otherwise not warrant posting.

2011-09-4_Abiko016 2011-09-4_Abiko019 2011-09-4_Abiko017 2011-09-4_Abiko018

Next week is the continuation of our wacky late-summer schedule. So with Bunkasai and Undoukai coming up, I’ll have some pictures of Ichikashi to post.

Look forward to that!

Oh, and I think I figured out what I’m going to do with my long breaks: I mentioned that I was going to Kashima with the second break, but I think I’m going to go to Kamakura for at least one of my 5 days off. I’ll also take a look at the Reysol’s and Marine’s schedules to see if any of those games appear amenable.

Oh, and one more thing… tomorrow I’m going to head into Tokyo to meet up with my aunt and cousin for dinner. On my way I think I’ll stop by Kamawanu
4 Since I’ll be out in Minmai-Nagareyama to check out IBF on T.J. Yee’s recommendation.
4, another famous tenugui shop. Let me know if you want me to pick one up for you. Personally, I think they make great omiyage/birthday/Christmas gifts. Additionally, my dad is also going to be flying into Korea in early October, and is planning on an extended layover in Japan… Funny how things like that work out, isn’t it?

2 comments:

  1. You'll really enjoy Kamakura and the gigantic Buddha will provide plenty of photo opps.! So glad your family is coming to visit you!!

    How about your Japanese tutor??
    Genki de, Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kevin, We've never met but I came across your blog via Geoff's FB. Nice to know that my bike is going to good use! (did you really name it Mickie?! lol) Kashiwa was a great home to us. Hope you're enjoying it!! If you get a chance to go to Starbucks on Tuesday- tell everyone that we miss them!

    -Mickie, not the bike.

    ReplyDelete